Monday, January 19, 2009

kittens, rainbows, sunshine, and bush

I owe you an apology!

For those of you stopping by yesterday to get the normal dose of sunshine, kittens, and rainbows that you've come to expect from There Will Be Breakdowns, please forgive me. I have a good excuse for yesterday's crank-tastic entry: caffeine.

I finally admitted I was an addict last year, after an attempt to quit drinking coffee left me so snippy with my customers at the Lotus that one drunken fellow threatened to punch me in the face. Me! This incident inspired me to take a good, hard look at myself. I came to the conclusion that caffeine isn't that bad of a drug as far as addictions go, and with the enthusiastic encouragement of my friends, who missed the happier days, I decided to never quit drinking coffee again. From that day forward, I have owned my addiction; I have borne it with the pride of an American!


When I took off on my Vantasy, I left my coffee maker in the care of a friend. Because of this, that, and the other, and the fact that he lives across town, I had not yet the chance to reacquire it, with its sleek, stainless steel carafe, at the time of yesterday's posting. And my dire financial situation has induced a spending freeze, which means no more trips to the neighborhood cafe (editor's note: this also means I had to cancel my inauguration day Brazilian wax appointment, during which I was going to celebrate Bush's last day by making it my bush's last day. Living in Vanta C meant that certain hygienic maintenance routines were ignored, and... well, you get the picture. But this is slightly off the topic of today's blog, and probably wildly inappropriate, so I'll end this digression and get back on track).

So, yesterday, instead of drinking my daily cup o' joe, I drank GREEN TEA. Green tea! By the time I wrote my entry, the withdrawal headache was in full force, I was super cranky, and desperate to give somebody hell. The bartender and the men who have been touring my van seemed like the best candidates, so I let 'er rip.

Y'all are such sweet, suppportive readers, though, and probably didn't deserve all that gloom and doom. So here are some sunshine, kittens, and rainbows for you:



Reasons Why Life is Beautiful and Wonderful Now That I'm Back in Portland
1. I finally got to build my fixed-gear bike, and I rode it yesterday.
2. I get to Jazzercise any time I want, and working out with Trina makes me happy.
3. When I walk Ralgh, I run into people I know.
4. I can bake pans of brownies, filling my apartment with the aroma of chocolate.
5. Most of the people I care about live within a few miles, and I can see them whenever I want.
6. Not having a job means endless potential. The future is wide open!

I'm bringing sexy bike (yeah)





3 comments:

Rachel said...

I never thought I would say this, but my favorite picture in the world is of W eating a pussy!

Trina said...

Thank you for reminding me again that my caffeine addiction is okay. I came to the same conclusion a long time ago, but recently have been flirting with the idea of quitting it for long enough to not get those damn headaches. But I think I have enough going on in my body right now, so I'll happily enjoy my daily cup of fair trade English black tea and occasional coffee with you. Caffeine makes me happy.

kula said...

cute bike.

I have been watching you make your way across the country for some time now. From a distance. Not sure when I came across your blog, but I looked forward to it.

I think you are strong, and honest.
I think you will find the job you are looking for, and you will be safe. Portland is a good place and good people will come out ahead there.When you say Lotus...are you talking about the Blossoming Lotus? I have a good friend who is a manager there.

I thought I should stop lurking. I even made a comment about your post with the wedding ring, on my blog. it moved me.

thanks.